User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Busy weekend and very good friends

Monday 28 February 2011

Busy weekend and very good friends

What a lovely but busy weekend!  It has been a perfect time for catching up with family and friends but I have felt as though I am running a B&B!  First My Nana left on Friday, a few hours later my Mother-in-Law and her partner arrived for the night, they left the following morning and two hours later our very good friends arrived with their little girl for the rest of the weekend!  That means the bedding for the spare room was changed four times, not to mention cooking and cleaning for everyone, no wonder I am shattered!

The highlight was having our friends to stay.  We have not seen them for over a year and their little girl is now 18 months old.  She is absolutely gorgeous and Poppy loved running around with her and showing off all her toys.  Just before they got here, I did make myself smile though. I had tidied everything away and told Poppy to sit still and not make a mess...she is only two and a half! How many Mums have found themselves doing that? hee hee. She got me back though as they had they had only been here a few minutes and almost every toy she owned seemed to be out! 

Now I have to be careful not to rant but I honestly do believe that Men are from Mars! How is it that they have time to sit on their butts comparing ipads and iMacs and have time to go for a long run when the women seem to be running around looking after the children, cooking, cleaning and entertaining?  Us girls did get a short break and an opportunity for some fresh air when the men took over and plonked the girls in front of Cbeebies for an hour!  Although it was lovely, they just did not get that it would have been perfect if we had all gone out together as originally planned!

Finally, we had a wonderful evening and let our hair down with a few drinks knowing that all the girls were in bed from 6.30pm and would sleep through the night...ha ha I don't think so!  Rosie chose that night to be up all night, seemingly with teething trouble, although they have still not made an appearance.  I do hope for her sake they come soon as they have been causing her such grief!   So it was with no sleep and a hangover, I tried to be the perfect hostess.  I just hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did.


Karen x

3 comments:

  1. We had a really fun time. I enjoyed comparing notes and routines. .... It's fascinating to find out what other mums do with the weekdays.
    Oh those boys and their gadgets. They just loved geeking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again soon. Looking forward to seeing your blog on here soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a really fun time. I enjoyed comparing notes and routines. .... It's fascinating to find out what other mums do with the weekdays.
    Oh those boys and their gadgets. They just loved geeking it up!

    ReplyDelete