User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Make Me Yummy Blog Hop - Week 3

Friday 10 June 2011

Make Me Yummy Blog Hop - Week 3

Wow where does the time go...another week and another great product to share with you. For those of you who are just joining in or have noticed this for the first time, this is a relatively new blog hop.  I am on the look out for beauty products/ tips, fashion accessories and relevant events that are going to make us yummier Mummy's and need your help.  Who says we have to neglect ourselves or give up on ourselves just because we are Mummy's now? I am on a mission to get my sparkle back and yours too!

This weeks product is Eternal Skincare's Aloe Super Hydrating Moisturiser.  

It is available in a large 225ml pot from £30 or a 12ml mini for £3.50. I received a 12ml mini fragrance free pot to try. I must admit when I first saw it I wondered which part of my body I would try it on as it did seem a bit small! However, it does go further than you think. They recommend the mini pot for traveling.  I would suggest it lasts two - three appliances depending on how sparingly you use it, so it would be perfect for  a weekend away.


Eternal Aloe Skincare is the result of three years of research and development. It claims to be "a luxuriously rich hydrating cream particularly suitable to those with dry skin conditions" As someone who suffers from eczema I was quite excited about trying it out. Although these days my eczema is limited to the tops of my arms I do need to watch which products I use as some can cause flare up's, particularly on my face!


Free from parabens and other controversial stabilisers (thought to increase risk of cancer), it contains a high concentration of organically grown aloe leaf juice which has traditionally been used as a natural remedy to soothe, soften, moisturise and heal skin. It combines all the beneficial effects of Aloe Vera with other natural ingredients including, Camomile, Green Tea, Shea Butter, Rosehip oil and Calendula extract. It is suitable for all skin types from young and supple to mature and delicate. So far so good!
What did I like about it?
I like the fact that it is very natural and not bulked out with water. It was nice to apply, was absorbed into the skin easily and did make my skin feel quite nice and soft.
What didn't I like about it? 
To be honest I would have liked to have had  a bigger pot to try.  That way I could report the effects on my eczema and whether it reduced it or not.  Having been been able to try it only a few times means I cannot report any dramatic changes.
Overall, based on using this cream for only a few days I would give it a score of 7/10 but I imagine this score would be higher with prolonged use.
So do you yourself have any tips or products that you would recommend to me and the other Mummy's out there? If so just write a post or use a previous one and add your name to the linky.

Come on, join in the fun and if you want to feel free to grab my badge!


wouldliketobeayummymummy

Karen x