User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Frozen ipod had me all in a panic

Thursday 14 July 2011

Frozen ipod had me all in a panic

Last night was a nightmare and made me wonder if I have an addictive personality.

A few weeks ago I was addicted to chocolate...like seriously addicted.  if I didn't eat it, I thought about it frequently and craved it every single day.   After listening to my Chocoholic Cure Slimpod for 8 days I was soon "cured" of this but now I am afraid I am addicted to my Slimpod's (I have drop a dress size and a chill out one too). Last night is my reasoning for questioning my behaviour.

I got into bed as usual, put my ear phones in as usual and went to listen to my Slimpods... BUT OH NO! It had frozen.  There was a Check sign on the screen. The top said "Disk Mode" and the Bottom read "OK to disconnect".



I phoned Husband at work in a bit of a state but he couldn't help me off the top off his head.  So I settled down for the night feeling a bit panicky. Two seconds later I thought I am never going to get to sleep this is going to annoy me so I turned the lamp back on again and looked it up on my phone.

I found these instructions:


To turn iPod Disk mode off:
  1. Toggle the hold switch on and off
  2. Press and Hold the Select and the Menu button for more than ten seconds
  3. The normal selection screen should appear, your iPod is out of Disk mode.
Sounds straight forward right?....Wrong. What on earth does toggle mean? Is it wiggle, keep pressing, I was not sure.  I tried it all and it was still frozen.

Then I looked it up again and found these instructions in English:

In order to take the iPod out of Disk Mode, you will have to reset the iPod. To do this, press and hold the Center and Menu buttons together until the Apple logo appears. That should do the trick.

Phew that did it.

So panic over, I settled down happily with my Slimpod's and was fast asleep even before the end of the first one. However, I couldn't believe the way I felt when I thought I wasn't going to be able to listen to them for one night. It certainly wasn't something I was expecting.  Has any one else experienced anything like this?

Karen x