User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Getting Older & Not Happy About It!

Thursday 25 August 2011

Getting Older & Not Happy About It!

Before children I would have celebrated my birthday with a party, with friends or a meal out. I would have got dressed up, drunk too much wine, eaten too much food and generally had fun.

Nowadays after two children and no baby sitters on tap, Birthdays are different. For starters, no lie in for me. Yes it was adorable that Poppy gave me a box of chocolates and sang happy birthday to me but then she proceeded to jump all over my head and I was not allowed to go back to sleep (not so adorable).

We Planned a family day out to celebrate and chose to do the Dartmouth River Boat Round Robin Trip. This involved a trip to Paignton on a steam train and a walk along the beach:





Followed by an open air bus trip to totness where we enjoyed a pub lunch and finally a boat cruise to Dartmouth:





We had a great day and arrived back in Dartmouth just in time to grab an ice cream and sit back to watch an air show over the River Dart. It was a lovely end to the day and I felt as though they had laid it on especially for me but of course they hadn't. It was to mark the start of the Dartmouth Regatta.




Despite having a lovely day out with my family I couldn't help but feel a little sad though. You see I don't want to get any older. In my head I am only 28 but the reality is I am now closer to the dreaded 40 than 30! That's a scary thought. I think I might be one of those women that lie about their age or at least stay the age I am now for a while. What do you think? Are you one of those women? Is it normal to feel like this? I really don't want to get older!

Karen x