User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Who Replaced My Preschooler With A Teenager?

Wednesday 9 November 2011

Who Replaced My Preschooler With A Teenager?

Oh my goodness, what is happening to my little girl? She is only just 3 years old but if you met her you might think she was 13. Honestly her lovely, good natured, gentle temperament seems to have been replaced by that of a grumpy teenager.

She now slopes her shoulders and pushes her bottom lip out, looking all sad and hard done by.


She puts her hands on hips and makes this "eeuughh" noise whilst stomping her feet when she doesn't get her own way or is cross about something (usually when her Sister has knocked all her toys over or taken one).

She shouts and answers back, even telling me to take my cross face off.

I thought I had years to go before this type of behaviour started. Is it an age thing? Maybe it happens now and then disappears. I do hope so.

Of course, it goes without saying that she is not allowed to behave like this and does not get away with it (we have a naughty cushion for times like this). In between bouts of this behaviour I still see my little girl. I am hoping if I am consistent it will pass and she will turn back into my little angel once again.

What do you think? Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed!

Karen x