User-agent: * Allow: /. Would Like To Be A Yummy Mummy: Having A Wobble!

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Having A Wobble!

Okay so this morning was not a good morning and left me feeling quite tearful and emotional. The problem?..... the School run.

We live at the top of a very steep hill and Poppy's School is more than half way down it. Now when I say steep, I mean steep!! For me to get there by myself it takes five minutes. With the girls it can take up to half an hour.

Before Christmas Rosie was walking all the way up and all the way down by herself.

A tiny part of the hill

After the Holidays she became more reluctant and I had to carry her for part of it. I was okay with this and used my hip seat for such occasions, that way she could could hop on and off as required.

Since half term however, she has refused to walk any of it. She will cry scream if I try to make her and will sit or lie on the floor refusing to move. Leaving me looking like a wicked Mother who won't carry her little girl up the hill.

Now I know she is still only little (19 months) and it is a hard hill to climb but I also know she can do it. At 19 weeks pregnant, it is getting harder and harder for me to get myself up the hill without carrying Rosie too. Its killing me. On top of that, the hip seat wont fit me for ever as my bump is going to get much bigger.

I ache all over, particularly around my back, shoulders and neck.

Now I could take the pushchair but once I reach the School there are really steep steps we need to get down...not good for a pushchair!

I could miss the steps out by going the long way round but this would mean an even longer walk and I would have to push the pushchair up and down the whole of the hill plus more. I must point out how hard it is pushing the thing up this hill. It is a nightmare.

I could carry her in a baby carrier on my back and have actually been sent one to trial (more about that later in the week). But is this just giving in to her and will it make her lazier?

Maybe I could drive but when I live so close it seems such a waste. Plus there is no parking and it would be a whole other nightmare.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know it is only going to get harder if she continues to refuse to walk.

Today I have to go up and down the hill 6 times: we take Poppy to School, we come home, we  pick her up, we bring her home, we go to a toddler group, we come home again!

Today is not a good day!

Karen x